Welcome to Montrose Academy
We will endeavour to ensure: •every young person reaches the highest levels of attainment and achievement of which they are capable; •every young person will be a success and that success will be celebrated; •all our young people move on to positive and aspirational destinations; •we improve the lives and life chances of all our young people.
Head Teacher Message
Mr M. Smart, Montrose Academy's new Head Teacher, discusses the school “Vision”; supporting young people and preparing them for the future and the change of the weekly timetable to a 33 period week.
Montrose Academy has a wide range of extra-curricular activities. Extra-curricular sports and activities promote healthy habits for life and enhance the ethos of the school through clubs and teams
- Tuesday 15 August 2017 – staff resume
- Wednesday 16 August 2017 – pupils resume
- Monday 28 August 2017 – P1 pupils full time commencement
- Friday 29 September 2017 – term ends
Monday 2 October – Friday 13 October 2017
- Monday 16 October 2017 – term starts
- Wednesday 29 November 2017 – in service day, schools closed
- Thursday 30 November 2017 – in service day, schools closed
- Friday 1 December 2017 – St Andrew’s Day holiday, schools closed
- Friday 22 December 2017 – term ends
Monday 25 December 2017 – Friday 5 January 2018
- Monday 8 January 2018 – term starts
- Thursday 15 February 2018 – in service day, schools closed
- Friday 16 February 2018 – mid term, schools closed
- Monday 19 February 2018 – mid term, schools closed
- Friday 30 March 2018 – term ends
Monday 2 April – Friday 13 April 2018
- Monday 16 April 2018 – term starts
- Monday 7 May 2018 – mid term, schools closed
- Monday 28 May 2018 – in service day, schools closed
- Friday 29 June 2018 – term ends
Supporting Senior School Phase, Information Evening is on Thursday 7th February 2019.
The Information evening focusses on supporting our Senior School for the Academic year 2019-2020.
If your child is currently in S3/4/5, this is the one for you!
The evening will commence at 6pm with the opportunity to meet Principal Teachers of each subject and they are available to answer any questions which you may have.
The formal part of the evening will be from 6.30pm until 8.00pm which consists of a informative presentations from our Senior Leadership Team and outside agencies including Dundee and Angus College, Skills Development Scotland, Angus Training Group, Angus Works and information on UCAS.
Coffee and tea will be on offer.
This is a rare opportunity to access information for your child’s course choices for our next school session and post school destinations in one evening.