Welcome to the School Library
Montrose Academy Library supports all aspects of the school curriculum and its staff and pupils.
We provide a wide range of resources and services to support learning and teaching and recreational reading. Library stock includes Junior Fiction, Senior Fiction, Non-fiction, Reference, newspapers and CDs; facilities include an ICT suite with 30 pcs, whiteboard and networked printer, and a senior study area housed on the mezzanine floor.
We are open before school, at break and at lunch time (after 1.40) every day for pupils to do homework, read and use computers and we also host a number of clubs and activities including:
- Chess Club, which runs every Monday at lunchtime from 1:40
- Board Games Club, which runs on a Wednesday at lunchtime from 1:40pm
- Book & Banter Group, which runs every Thursday from 1:40; you are very welcome to come along and join in some lively discussion!
- Our popular Jewellery and Craft Clubs which are publicised in the bulletin.
- Reading events such as Book Readings and Authors-Live broadcasts.
- Fundraising bake-sales and Cafes including “Children in Need” Café
The Library runs a stationery shop where you can buy pens, pencils, memory sticks and much more.
The library provides Information Literacy skills programmes and resources tailored to suit Broad General Education (S1-S3) and Senior Phase (S4-S6) requirements. We provide support with transferable skills such as research, note-making, resource analysis and evaluation, and referencing: skills which are sought after by colleges, universities and employers.
The library is available every weekday before school, during interval and at lunchtime for pupils to do homework.
8:30am to 1:20pm 1:40pm to 4.00pm
Pupils can find more information about the school library on our Twitter page, MontroseAcadLibrary, ( @MontroseAcademy )